I have assembled a list of Twitter do's and don'ts below. Enjoy!
- Don't Overuse Hashtags- #It #Gets #Annoying.
- Don't Keep The Egg Profile Picture- I don't follow people back unless they have a profile picture. If you're an egg, don't expect me to follow back.
- Don't Stay Bio-Less!- I generally don't follow someone back unless they have a bio and/or a website link. It also gets people more interested in your profile if you have them.
- Interact- Twitter is all about the interaction! Don't just post links to things and not interact.
- Don't Self-Promote All-The-Time- This can make you seem self-conceited; make sure to interact! A little self-promotion is fine (I do it too!) but don't be excessive.
- Stay Active- If you only tweet once a month, you're defeating the purpose of Twitter. This also generally means that you don't interact with other Tweeps. Try to tweet once (at least) every day.
- Don't Auto-Respond To New Followers- I know people that do this, but it can come off as cold.